76 Stuart St.
Dietary 2 conference room, 8:30-4:30
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual and successfully completion of the Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam. The ‘Certificate of Completion’ must be submitted at least 2 working days prior to the workshop. The cost of the exam ($30) is not included in the workshop fee.
Please note: The Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual.
The exam must be written within 30 days of the workshop date.
***Review of the online manual can take up to 8hrs, completion of the exam can in most cases be done in 1-2 hours. Please plan your time accordingly as workshop participation is incumbent on successful exam completion; learners who have not successfully completed the exam will not be able to attend the in person workshop.***
- Participation in the workshop.
- Discuss the current guidelines on intrapartum fetal health surveillance
- Review and practice the techniques of FHR auscultation and EFM
- Interpret FHR characteristics from both auscultation and EFM
- Integrate the concepts of acid-base balance and the interpretation of fetal blood gas values in FHR interpretation
- Identify important principles of verbal communication and written documentation
- Outline supportive and corrective interventions for various FHR findings
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
The registration fee is non-refundable if a cancellation is received 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
The textbook is non-refundable.
Registrants from Perinatal Units in Founding Partner organizations are subject to the cancellation policy and will be charged $195 for late cancellation. Please visit the cmnrp website, www.cmnrp.ca for further details.