2260 Walkley Rd
This one-day program is intended for perinatal care practitioners (e.g., nurses, physicians, midwives, doulas) who want to learn and apply the concepts and techniques of labour support.
- Discuss what contributes to positive and negative birth experiences
- Discuss current recommendations about labour support
- Describe the latest research evidence about labour support
- Describe and demonstrate various support techniques through the different stages of labour, emphasizing non-pharmacologic methods of pain relief
- Review various movements and positions for labour and birth, and discuss how they can influence birth outcomes
- Discuss documentation and evaluation of labour support activities
Participants must bring the Labour Support-Manual to the workshop (to be downloaded upon registration).
Ariane Cloutier, email@example.com. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $50 administration fee.