- Online modules (using Google Classroom) to be completed independently prior to the afternoon session. Estimated time 3-4 hours.
- Participation in an interactive Zoom videoconference session during the afternoon of the workshop. Estimated time 3-4 hours.
- Review what contributes to positive and negative birth experiences.
- Review current recommendations about labour support .
- Discuss the latest research evidence about labour support.
- Review and discuss various support techniques through the different stages of labour, emphasizing non-pharmacologic methods of pain relief.
- Review various movements and positions for labour and birth, and discuss how they can influence birth outcomes.
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Participants must have a Gmail account to register and access Google Classroom to complete the online modules before the workshop.
To create an account now, please CLICK HERE.
Prior to starting the various workshop components, please ensure that you have:
- a strong internet/Wi-Fi connection
a working web camera, and functioning audio. Please check this prior to the workshop.
- Note: You will be asked to keep your video on, and there will be times where you will be called upon to participate verbally in the session.
An appropriate space for participating in the session:
- Quiet, well-lit area
- comfortable space
- notebook and pen
- anything else you might need or use in a class setting
You may either download the Zoom application on your computer (we do not recommend joining the workshop using phone video), OR you can join directly from a browser. More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362593-Launching-Zoom-from-a-web-browser
If you are joining from your place of work, please discuss any technical requirements with your IT/IS department, well in advance of the workshop.
politique de remboursement
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $50 administration fee.