The Neonatal Resuscitation Program is a one-day workshop that consists of 2 parts:
- Review of the 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (2016) and successful completion of the CPS NRP online examination is required prior to attending the workshop.
- Participation in the workshop including skills stations, integrated skills station assessment (ISSA) and a simulation and debriefing exercise.
Please note an ‘Online Exam Student Guide’ has been developed to facilitate access to the exam and is available on the CPS website.
- Perform initial steps, bag & mask ventilation, chest compressions, assist with and/or intubate, calculate medication dosages
- Demonstrate awareness of the unique challenges presented by the preterm infant
- Demonstrate communication and teamwork, in addition to appropriate interventions, in a variety of resuscitation scenarios
- Participate in a Simulation & Debriefing exercise
Prior to attending the workshop, participants must:
- Complete the online exam [Lessons 1-11] within 30 days prior to the workshop, and
- Submit their ‘Online Examination Certificate’ at least 2 working days prior to the workshop. The online exam is available for purchase from the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) at http://www.cps.ca/en/nrp-prn/online-examination.
NOTE: Participants are welcome to complete the e-Sim online exercise but it is not mandatory.
Successful completion of all of the following is required to receive a CPS NRP Provider card:
- Online examination (within 30 days prior to the workshop)
- Performance Skill Stations
- Integrated Skills Stations (including ISSA evaluation)
- Simulation and Debriefing exercise
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
politique de remboursement
The registration fee is non-refundable if a cancellation is received within 14 days of the workshop date.
The textbook is non-refundable.