Agenda: Google Classroom (independent online modules) + afternoon Zoom session.
Target audience: This workshop is intended for all practitioners involved in the care of mothers and newborns in the community.
This workshop provides a solid foundation of theoretical and clinical knowledge to facilitate effective care of families experiencing a perinatal loss. This workshop also addresses the potential effects of perinatal loss on practitioners as a result of caring for bereaved families. When possible, a parent with lived experience will provide a guest presentation.
This workshop will be offered in a blended learning format and consists of 2 parts:
- Online modules (using Google Classroom) to be completed independently prior to the Workshop. Estimated time 3-4 hours.
- Participation in an interactive Zoom videoconference session during the afternoon of the Workshop. Estimated time 3-4 hours.
All online modules must be completed prior to the afternoon Zoom session.
- Describe different types of perinatal losses and outline the grief process.
- Explore the significance of perinatal loss in the lives of childbearing families.
- Discuss the role of care providers including specific interventions to support bereaved families.
- Identify the challenges associated with providing support to bereaved families.
- Identify self-care strategies for care providers and other members of the health care team who are affected by loss.
Further information on how to access online modules (Google Classroom) and the Zoom videoconference link will be shared prior to the Workshop.
Ariane Cloutier, email@example.com. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Participants must have a Gmail account to register and access Google Classroom to complete the online modules before the Workshop.
To create an account now, please CLICK HERE.
Prior to starting the various workshop components, please ensure that you have:
- a strong internet/Wi-Fi connection
a working web camera, and functioning audio. Please check this prior to the workshop.
- Note: You will be asked to keep your video on, and there will be times where you will be called upon to participate verbally in the session.
An appropriate space for participating in the session:
- Quiet, well-lit area
- comfortable space
- notebook and pen
- anything else you might need or use in a class setting
You may either download the Zoom application on your computer (we do not recommend joining the workshop using phone video), OR you can join directly from a browser. More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362593-Launching-Zoom-from-a-web-browser
If you are joining from your place of work, please discuss any technical requirements with your IT/IS department, well in advance of the workshop.
politique de remboursement
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $50 administration fee.