Dietary 3 Board Room
Hands-on learning and practice will be the focus of the workshop.
- Perform initial steps, bag & mask ventilation, chest compressions, assist with and/or intubate, calculate medication dosages
- Demonstrate awareness of the unique challenges presented by the preterm infant
- Demonstrate communication and teamwork, in addition to appropriate interventions, in a variety of resuscitation scenarios
- Participate in a Simulation & Debriefing exercise
Prior to attending the workshop, participants must:
- Read the NRP 7th edition textbook. The NRP textbook can be purchased through the CMNRP registration process.
- Complete the 7th edition online exam (Lessons 1-11) within 30 days prior to the workshop, and
- Submit their ‘Online Examination Verification’ to CMNRP at least 2 working days prior to the workshop. Participants will not be permitted to attend the workshop without submitting it.
The online exam is available for purchase from the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) at http://www.cps.ca/en/nrp-prn/online-examination. Please note an ‘Online Exam Student Guide’ has been developed to facilitate access to the exam and is available on the CPS website.
The cost of the online exam is not included in the cost of the workshop.
The Simulation and Debriefing exercise will be videotaped for educational purposes. Consent forms will be circulated.
Successful completion of all of the following is required to receive a CPS NRP Provider card:
- Online examination (within 30 days prior to the workshop)
- Performance Skill Stations
- Integrated Skills Stations (including Megacode evaluation)
- Simulation and Debriefing exercise
Ariane Cloutier, email@example.com. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660