The VIRTUAL (ONLINE) Fundamentals of FHS Program consist of 3 parts:
- Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual and successful completion of the Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is required prior to attending the ZOOM sessions (Workshop).
The workshop certificate must be sent to CMNRP 2 working days prior to the workshop. You will not be able to attend the workshop without submitting the certificate.
The Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual. The cost of the online exam (30$) is not included in the price of the workshop.
- Attendance and participation in the ZOOM sessions for the Fundamentals of FHS Workshop:
- Day 1: 09:00 - 12:00pm + 13:00-16:00pm (6h)
- Day 2: 09:00 -12:00pm + 13:00-16:00pm (6h)
3. Mandatory summative evaluation (test) after attendance to the ZOOM sessions Workshop. Estimated time : 1-3 hours
- Describe the Canadian recommendations for fetal health surveillance during labour.
- Identify the definitions, characteristics, etiology, physiology/pathophysiology of IA, intrapartum EFM and NST findings.
- Apply FHS classification and interpretation to IA, intrapartum EFM and NST findings within the whole clinical picture for decision making.
- Describe the appropriate clinical management/response for prevention and/or correction of abnormal IA, atypical/abnormal intrapartum EFM and NST findings.
- Describe antenatal surveillance techniques including fetal movement counting, NST, and biophysical profile.
- Discuss teamwork, communication and documentation as they relate to fetal health surveillance and perinatal outcomes
Please download the Participant workbook attached PDF. The Zoom instructions can also be downloaded.
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Prior to starting the workshop, please ensure that you have:
- a strong internet/Wi-Fi connection
a working web camera, and functioning audio. Please check this prior to the workshop.
- Note: You will be asked to keep your video on, and there will be times where you will be called upon to participate verbally in the session.
an appropriate space for participating in the session:
- quiet, well-lit area
- comfortable space
- notebook and pen
- anything else you might need or use in a class setting
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop is non-refundable. Cancellation by CMNRP will be fully refundable.
Credit card will show a debit from "CHEO" or "Children's Hospital Ontario"