Kidd 10, . 8:30-4:30
This one-day program is intended for perinatal care practitioners (e.g., nurses, physicians, midwives, doulas) who want to learn and apply the concepts and techniques of labour support.
- Discuss what contributes to positive and negative memories of the birth experience for women
- Discuss current recommendations about labour support
- Describe the latest research evidence about labour support
- Describe and demonstrate various support techniques through the different stages of labour, emphasizing non-pharmacologic methods of pain relief
- Review various movements and positions for labour and birth, and discuss how they can influence birth outcomes
- Discuss documentation and evaluation of labour support activities
There is no pre-reading for this workshop. Participants must bring the Labour Support-Manual to the workshop (to be downloaded upon registration).
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
Registrants from Perinatal Units in Founding Partner organizations must provide credit card information to guarantee their registration and are subject to the cancellation policy. Please visit the cmnrp website, www.cmnrp.ca for further details.