DAY 1: Room W1305/07 8:30-4:30
This program will provide an overview of the concepts and content in the 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (2016) highlighting the changes between the previous and current resuscitation guidelines.
Day 1: Review of the principles of adult learning and development of content included in the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) NRP Provider course, including Performance Skills Stations, Integrated Skills Stations and scenarios for evaluation and debriefing.
Day 2: Building upon Day 1, candidates will have opportunities to hone their newly acquired skills. Return demonstrations, simulation, debriefing and feedback will be the focus of the learning. Finally, discussion of the roles and responsibilities of CPS NRP Instructors and logistics of running CPS NRP Provider courses will be discussed.
Instructor candidates must have at least 2 years relevant clinical experience, and:
- Proof of current CPS NRP PROVIDER status with successful completion of Lessons 1-11 and an Advanced ISSA,
- In-depth knowledge of and clinical expertise related to newborn care and resuscitation,
- Current and ongoing related clinical practice,
- A Letter of Support from the candidate’s manager at their sponsoring facility/organization, and
- Candidate Letter of Intent
APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY CMNRP WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF REGISTRATION.
Applications will be reviewed and Instructor Candidates will be informed if they have been accepted into the workshop.
- Demonstrate awareness of adult learning principles & strategies to facilitate learning
- Develop clinical scenarios and demonstrate ability to evaluate and provide feedback to learners
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles of simulation-based learning and debriefing
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of a hospital-based Instructor
- Describe the role of CPS in supporting NRP in Canada.
The 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (2016) and Neonatal Resuscitation Instructor Manual (2011) must be reviewed prior to the workshop. The Instructor Manual is a mandatory resource and pre-reading. It is available for purchase at https://bookstore.cps.ca/.
NOTE: The Instructor DVD mentioned in the Instructor Manual is NOT a mandatory resource in Canada nor is completion of the e-Sim exercise.
Instructor candidates must complete the online examination (if not completed within 12 months of the course) and submit the ‘Online Examination Certificate’ as part of their application package.
Additional pre-reading will be provided upon registration.
Attendance at the workshop does not imply successful completion or the ability to register with CPS.
Ariane Cloutier, email@example.com. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
The registration fee is non-refundable if a cancellation is received within 14 days of the workshop date.
The textbook is non-refundable.