401 Smyth Rd.
Target Audience: This program is intended for expert practitioners who wish to teach the FHS Fundamentals workshop.
- In-depth knowledge of and clinical expertise related to fetal health surveillance with a minimum of 2 years intrapartum clinical experience
- Current and ongoing related clinical practice
- A letter of support from the candidate’s sponsoring facility/organization
- Candidate Letter of intent
Applications will be reviewed and Instructor Candidates will be informed if they have been accepted into the workshop.
This 2-day Instructor program comprises:
Participation in the FHS Fundamentals Program as an Instructor-Candidate to observe how the workshop is taught and note teaching strategies, which are discussed on Day 2.
Participation in the FHS Instructor workshop.
- Review the fundamental concepts and the literature related to FHSL
- Observe and note how the FHSL Fundamentals workshop is taught
- Review adult learning principles and strategies to facilitate adult learning
- Describe the key concepts to cover when teaching the FHSL Fundamentals workshop
- Discuss various logistical issues related to planning and teaching the workshop
- Demonstrate the ability to teach/facilitate a short presentation
- Send in letter of support and expression of interest (see attached pdfs) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Self-Learning Onine Manual and several other key articles
- Complete the National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam and submit the‘Certificate of Completion’ at least 2 working days prior to the workshop.
- The cost of the exam ($30) is NOT included in the workshop fee.
- Prepare a 10-minute presentation for the microteaching session on Day 2. Further details provided upon registration.
- Send exams to Lauren Rivard at email@example.com
Successful completion of National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam. Instructor and participants’ feedback of microteaching sessions provided to each Instructor-Candidate on Day 2.
Online manual (Free): Participants must self-register through the UBC CPD site at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual The online exam can be accessed once participants have self-registered (cost not included in workshop fee).
Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
Credit card will show a debit from "CHEO" or "Children's Hospital Ontario"