The Neonatal Resuscitation Program is a one-day workshop that consists of 2 parts:
- Review of the 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (2016) and successful completion of the CPS NRP online examination is required prior to attending the workshop.
- Participation in the workshop including skills stations, integrated skills station assessment (ISSA) and a simulation and debriefing exercise.
Please note an ‘Online Exam Student Guide’ has been developed to facilitate access to the exam and is available on the CPS website.
- Perform initial steps, bag & mask ventilation, chest compressions, assist with and/or intubate, calculate medication dosages
- Demonstrate awareness of the unique challenges presented by the preterm infant
- Demonstrate communication and teamwork, in addition to appropriate interventions, in a variety of resuscitation scenarios
- Participate in a Simulation & Debriefing exercise
Prior to attending the workshop, participants must:
- Complete the online exam [Lessons 1-11] within 30 days prior to the workshop, and
- Submit their ‘Online Examination Certificate’ at least 2 working days prior to the workshop. The online exam is available for purchase from the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) at http://www.cps.ca/en/nrp-prn/online-examination.
NOTE: Participants are welcome to complete the e-Sim online exercise but it is not mandatory.
Successful completion of all of the following is required to receive a CPS NRP Provider card:
- Online examination (within 30 days prior to the workshop)
- Performance Skill Stations
- Integrated Skills Stations (including ISSA evaluation)
- Simulation and Debriefing exercise
Ariane Cloutier, email@example.com. Tel. 613-737-2660 x 2660
The registration fee is non-refundable if a cancellation is received within 14 days of the workshop date.
The textbook is non-refundable.
Registrants from Perinatal Units in Founding Partner organizations must provide credit card information to guarantee their registration and are subject to the cancellation policy. Please visit the cmnrp website, www.cmnrp.ca for further details.