401 Smyth Road
Target Audience: This program is intended for expert practitioners who wish to teach the FHS Fundamentals workshop.
- In-depth knowledge of and clinical expertise related to fetal health surveillance with a minimum of 2 years intrapartum clinical experience
- Current and ongoing related clinical practice
- A letter of support from the candidate’s sponsoring facility/organization
- Candidate Letter of intent
Candidates must provide CMNRP with the letter of support and letter of intent within 2 days of registration (see pdf below). Please send your documents to CMNRPinfo@cmnrp.ca. CMNRP will review the applications and confirm acceptance into the workshop.
The FHS Instructor Workshop consist of 2 days of in-person workshops and preparatory work before attendance.
Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual and successful completion of the Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is required prior to attending the workshop.
The workshop certificate must be sent to CMNRPinfo@cmnrp.ca at least 2 working days prior to the workshop. If you have completed the exam in the last 12 months, we will accept it. You will not be able to attend the workshop without submitting the certificate. The deadline to send your exam is March 25th , 2023 at 9:00am.
The Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual. The cost of the online exam (30$) is not included in the price of the workshop.
Please note the reading of the online manual and completion of the online exam may take you up to 8 hours. Additional pre-workshop readings will be sent after acceptance to the Workshop. These may take you up to 8 hours to read. Please plan accordingly
This 2-day Instructor program comprises:
Participation in the FHS Fundamentals Program as an Instructor-Candidate to observe how the workshop is taught and note teaching strategies, which are discussed on Day 2.
Participation in the FHS Instructor workshop.
- Review the fundamental concepts and the literature related to FHSL
- Observe and note how the FHSL Fundamentals workshop is taught
- Review adult learning principles and strategies to facilitate adult learning
- Describe the key concepts to cover when teaching the FHSL Fundamentals workshop
- Discuss various logistical issues related to planning and teaching the workshop
- Demonstrate the ability to teach/facilitate a short presentation
Charlotte Maloney: CMNRPinfo@cmnrp.ca Tel. 613-618-0893
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop is non-refundable. Cancellation by CMNRP will be fully refundable.
Credit card will show a debit from "CHEO" or "Children's Hospital Ontario"